Wednesday 24 September 2014

Age old saying-

A friend in need is a friend indeed. I always thought that's an overstatement and rather lame. But i was wrong. It was a revelation this time. I was amazed by how people have reacted to me in this last 1 year. Like in every situation, they can be also be divided in 4 groups-

1) People whom I thought are friends, whom I expected to support me and ended up doing so as well - I was rather surprised by the low number here

2) People whom I thought are friends, whom I expected to support me BUT ended up not doing so - no surprises, this number was very high

3) People whom I never thought will help me BUT did - supplies!!! this number was very high and so reaffirming that people are so good. I will forever be indebted to them

4) People whom I never thought will help me and they didn't bother either - expected i guess...you can't just go about helping any tom, dick or harry that walks up to you

Number 2) and 3) got me thinking that I have been so wrong on my read of certain people (and my reads are rarely wrong!). I have decided that from now on I will constantly evaluate or rather be cognizant about which people are actually falling in which category from above and make sure that I spend the most time (allotted for my "friends" time) with people falling in 1) and 3).
Number 2)s have been such a big waste of time and have made me look so stupid. And of course I pledge my irrevocable and unconditional support to 1) and 3) if at all they ever need me (I hope not and I really hope they have better people than losers like me in their corner).

P.S. a shout out to my favorite number 1) my mom...i doubt she reads my blog but probably one day, I will make her read it and hope she will at last be proud of me. She is a rockstar.

MA

No comments:

Post a Comment